- Job Category: Legal
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Great West Casualty Company
Location: Arlington, Texas or South Sioux City, Nebraska
At Great West Casualty Company, our mission is to be the premier provider of insurance products and services for truckers. Our identity, business, and success are linked to trucking, the industry that moves our nation's economy.
If you are looking for a career that offers more of a work life balance with a stable company that is a leader in the industry, then we have a terrific opportunity for you.
In this position you will investigate, negotiate and litigate files where third party recovery is potential. Coordinate recovery activities and provide legal research and counsel for adjusters in our claims departments. Consult and correspond with our insureds and agents regarding the claim. Attend trials and mediations when necessary. Review contract coverage as requested by our Underwriters. You will also have the opportunity to present programs on legal topics. This includes recovering subrogated damages and directing outside attorneys and Subrogation Claims Representatives.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following qualifications:
• J.D. required. Must be licensed to practice law in at least one state.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience practicing law. Experience in subrogation, workers compensation, products liability, plaintiff's practice and/or insurance defense is helpful.
• Working knowledge of insurance law, insurance itself and legal research is a plus.
• Technical knowledge of legal processes and procedures.
• Excellent organizational, investigative, conflict resolution and documentation skills.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To learn more or to apply, please view the career section of our web site at www.gwccnet.com. After visiting with us, you will agree that at Great West...The Difference is Service®.